Quality and Development Unit looks forward to placing the college in the ranks of health colleges whose graduates are distinguished in various medical fields and scientific and practical competitiveness at national and global levels.
Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings of God be upon him, said: (God loves if one of you does a job that he does it well). In light of the continuous support of the Government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for science and based on the vision of the Kingdom 2030 and its strategic directions, the Vice Deanship for Development and Quality in all its departments and employees is committed to spreading and consolidating the culture of quality operations, ensuring and affirming them in all the college’s systems, activities, and practices included in its institutional system.
The Vice Deanship for Development and Quality is keen to spread and consolidate the continuous development process in all the academic and administrative operations of the College. The deanship seeks with all its employees to raise the outputs of teaching and learning in line with the requirements of the changes of the modern era in light of an effective educational system based on a vision, mission, and objectives approved in the strategic and operational plan of King Khalid University and the College of Applied Medical Sciences in Khamis Mushait.
The deanship adopts continuous follow-up and improvement of the internal review process for academic departments through ongoing follow-up to periodic reports received from educational programs, which are based on reviewing evidence, evidence, specific performance indicators, and benchmarking to ensure a rapid response to correct course and performance evaluation that achieves the satisfaction and expectations of beneficiaries of services And the outputs of the college, and God is the guardian of success.
Creating an environment for the dissemination of quality concepts and pushing the development process for all aspects of education and organizational development based on the standards of the Saudi National Commission for Academic Accreditation and Evaluation and in line with the mission and vision of the college.
- Enabling the college to achieve its vision and mission.
- Spreading the culture of development and quality and applying it in all college performance areas.
- Follow up on the implementation of training plans in various fields.
- Communication with the corresponding units inside and outside the Kingdom.
- Commitment to the ethics and principles of the Islamic religion.
Responsibilities of the Director of the Development and Quality Unit
• Forming the administrative and organizational structure of the unit and defining the functional tasks of the members.
• Meeting periodically with members of the unit.
• Technical and administrative supervision of the unit's employees.
• Follow up on the work performance of the unit and take the necessary measures for its regularity and discipline.
• Supervising awareness campaigns on the culture of quality at the level of students and all college employees.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Director of the Development and Quality Unit for Administrative Affairs
• Supervising the review of course descriptions and reports and their compilation of program coordinators at the college.
• Preparation for the periodic meetings of the quality committees.
• Distribution of college quality assessment questionnaires (students and faculty members' questionnaires.
Duties of the Assistant Director of the Development and Quality Unit for Technical Support
• Supervising the arrangement of files and reviewing their quality within the quality unit.
• Implementation of awareness programs for the scientific and administrative departments about quality in the college and university.
• Participation in the preparation and updating of quality assessment tools and questionnaires at the college.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Director of the Development and Quality Unit for Follow-up
• Follow up on the implementation of the quality unit's operational plan.
• Supervising computer work and reviewing the minutes of meetings linguistically and their contents.
• Coordination and supervision of student meetings to communicate with the Development and Quality Unit activities.
Carrying out the tasks required by the Quality Development Unit, which are as follows:
- Distribute the forms to faculty members at the beginning of the academic year.
- Compiling the course description from the faculty members after two weeks from the delivery date and sending it to the Quality and Development Unit at the faculty.
- Distributing warnings to faculty members who failed to submit completed forms.
- Compiling reports after the first and second-semester results appear from the program coordinators at the college.
- Receiving and collecting questionnaires from the college program coordinators.
- Receiving students' complaints and suggestions through the department's complaints box and distributing them to the unit and then to the competent authority.